Updated: October 1, 2019
We will only keep your information for as long as we are either required to, by law or as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected. You can visit the Site and browse without having to provide personal details.
DATA COLLECTION AND USE.
In order for us to provide you with our Products and/or Services and to operate in an efficient and effective manner by providing you with the best service possible, we need to collect relevant personal information about people. The personal information is any information about a specific or definable natural person which may be used to identify them. Personal data includes information such as an individual’s name, home and work addresses, email address, phone number and financial information.
How We Collect your Personal Information
We may collect personal information directly from you when you:
- Communicate with us (for example when you submit an application form to become our customer, or when you contact us for any enquiries including by calling our customer service)
- Register or subscribe for a specific Product and/or Service or our publications (for example, newsletters)
- Use our network and other Products and/or Services of Ogele
- Participate in any of our surveys
- Enter into or participate in any competitions, contests or loyalty programmes run/organised by us
- Register interest and/or request for information of (through our online portals or other available channels) or subscribe to our Products and/or Services
- Respond to any marketing materials we send out
- Commence a business relationship with us (for example, as a service provider/business partner)
- Visit any of our offices
- Visit or browse our websites
- Lodge a complaint with us
- Provide feedback to us (for example via our websites or in hard copy)
Other than personal information obtained from you directly (as detailed above), we may also obtain your personal information from third parties we deal with or are connected with you (credit reference agencies or financial institutions), and from such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of information relating to you, and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
How We Use Your Personal Information
- To verify your identity
- To assess and process your application(s) /request(s) for our Products and/or Services
- To provide you with the Products and/or Services you have requested
- To administer and manage the Products and/or Services we provide you (including charging, billing, facilitating payments and collecting debts)
- To investigate and resolve any service issues, billing queries, complaints or other enquiries that you submit to us regarding our network, Products and Services with our customer relations teams
- To assess and/or verify credit worthiness
- To detect and prevent fraudulent activity
- To manage our networks
- To keep in contact with you and provide you with any information you have requested
- To engage in business transactions in respect of Products and/or Services to be offered and provided to you
- To establish and better manage any business relationship we may have with you
- To process any communications you send us (for example, answering any queries and dealing with any complaints and feedbacks)
- To help us monitor and improve the performance of our network, Products and Services, our customer relations teams and service providers and the Site and to make these more efficient
- To maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems
- To manage staff training and quality assurance
- To notify you about benefits and changes to the features of our Products and/or Services
- To determine how can we improve services to you
- To produce data, reports and statistics which shall be anonymised or aggregated in a manner that does not identify you as an individual
- To investigate, respond to, or defend claims made against, or involving the Ogele
- To conduct marketing activities (for example, market research)
- To maintain records required for security, claims or other legal purposes
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- For any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
As a part of providing you with our Products and/or Services and the management and/or operation of the same, we may be required or need to disclose information about you to the following third parties:
- Law enforcement agencies
- Government agencies
- Companies and/or organisations that act as our agents, contractors, service providers and/or professional advisers
- Companies and/or organisations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions and providing you with Products and/or Services that you have requested or subscribed for
- Our business associates and other parties for purposes that are related to the purpose of collecting and using your personal information
- Other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent
Subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to Ogele.
We may use your personal information to provide you with information about our and third party services and/or products, which may be of interest to or benefit you, except where otherwise requested or notified by you. In certain instances, we may disclose your personal information to our preferred merchants and strategic partners. However, please note that we will only disclose your personal information to our merchants and strategic partners where you have subscribed for particular Services or Products which require such disclosure, and/or where your consent has been obtained, subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to Ogele. We take reasonable steps to ensure that our agreements with our merchants and/or strategic partners include appropriate privacy and confidentiality obligations.
What If Personal Information Provided By You Is Incomplete?
Where indicated (for example in registration/application forms), it is obligatory to provide your personal information to us to enable us to process your application for our Products and/or Services. Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal information, we may not be able to process your application or provide you with our Products and/or Services.
Your Rights to Access and Correct Your Personal Information
We can assist you to access and correct your personal information held by us. Where you wish to have access to your personal information in our possession, or where you are of the opinion that such personal information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or where relevant, not up-to-date, you may make a request to us by contacting the us by email at email@example.com. You should quote your name, address and phone/account number and provide brief details of the information you want a copy of in any such request. We shall charge a processing fee for searching for and providing you with access to your personal information to cover administration costs. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your personal information within 21 days of receiving your request and the relevant processing fee. Please note that we may have to withhold access to your personal information in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or where information requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event we receive repeated requests for the same information. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request.
We collect information about your use of our Site from cookies. Cookies are packets of information stored in your computer which assist your website routes by customising Site information tailored to your needs. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. You are not obliged to accept cookies. If you are concerned, you can set your computer either to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. However, rejection of cookies may affect your use of our Sites as we will be unable to personalise aspects of your use of the Site.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE NIGERIA
It may be necessary for us to transfer your personal information outside Nigeria if any of our service providers or strategic partners (overseas entities) who are involved in providing part of Ogele Products and/or Services are located in countries outside Nigeria or if you use the Products and/or Services from a country other than Nigeria (for example, international roaming). You consent to us transferring your personal information outside Nigeria in these instances. We shall take reasonable steps to ensure that any such overseas entities are contractually bound not to use your personal information for any reason other than to provide the Products and/or Services they are contracted by us to provide and to adequately safeguard your personal information.
We have in place appropriate technical and security measures to prevent unauthorised or unlawful access to or accidental loss of or destruction or damage to your information. When we collect data through the Site, we collect your personal details on a secure server. We use firewalls on our servers. When we collect payment card details electronically, we use encryption by using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) coding. While we are unable to guarantee 100% security, this makes it hard for a hacker to decrypt your details.